There are a few problems with those laughable excuses.
1. The Green New Deal does not exist.
2. Even if the Green New Deal did exist, Texas would not be affected because its power grid is isolated from federal regulations, having been deregulated and privatized. Blaming unicorns in New Zealand would make as much sense (or perhaps more sense since New Zealand actually exists).
3. Turbines work fine in much colder places such as the Arctic (or even throughout states north of Texas like Oklahoma or Iowa) because they are winterized. Ten years ago, Texas was told to winterize its turbines. Republicans ignored those warnings, because they did not want to spend (i.e., waste) the money.
4. The true cause of the power-grid failure has been natural-gas shortages and malfunctioning instruments at power plants. When state services are privatized, corporations will always cut costs to increase profits without caring about the fallout to customers because they operate a monopoly which is protected by the government (in Texas's case, protected by Republicans).
5. Renewable energy accounts for about 10% of Texas's power in the winter. Even if every turbine in the state suddenly stopped working, there should still be plenty of power production.
6. Republicans run Texas's power grid, so if turbines are the problem (which they are not), then Republicans are at fault for installing them. But if morons are going to believe someone thousands of miles away who had nothing to do with the situation is at fault, why not blame her? (Some of the same people forced to burn their own furniture for warmth are probably cursing AOC.)
“Did @AOC, 10 years ago at the tender age of 21, parachute into the state of Texas to put up windmills under cover of night?” says @chrislhayes of the GOP blaming power outages on “green energy,” despite Republicans holding "nearly every statewide office in Texas for decades." pic.twitter.com/VXfu1soOb0— All In with Chris Hayes (@allinwithchris) February 18, 2021
Republicans are unable to take responsibility for anything. It's fuckin' unbelievable. Nothing could possibly be their fault and they whine and pout and throw a tantrum like a two-year-old who has missed his nap every single time they get asked why they fucked up. How can so many people not only tolerate these weak, immature, cowardly, sniveling, spineless frauds, but proudly support them?
Ted Cruz is such a schmuck.
Trump says Cruz's wife is ugly and Cruz promptly prostrates himself at Trump's feet, pledging eternal devotion. Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping to kill JFK and Cruz offering to give Trump's private parts daily massages.
Ted Cruz made fun of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for saying she feared for her life because of death threats from Cruz's fans during Trump's MAGA insurrection. Yet while Lyin' Ted was gathering his family (forming a caravan?) and crossing the border hoping for better living conditions, AOC was busy raising several millions of dollars to help people who voted for Cruz because they were suffering Americans unfortunate enough to live in the red state Cruz had immediately abandoned.
From Cruz's Lengthy History of Hypocrisy
Only a few months ago, Cruz mocked California's alleged "failed energy policies".
California is now unable to perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity.— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) August 19, 2020
Biden/Harris/AOC want to make CA’s failed energy policy the standard nationwide.
Hope you don’t like air conditioning! https://t.co/UkKBq9HkoK
Hypocrites. Complete and utter hypocrites.— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) December 2, 2020
And don't forget @MayorAdler who took a private jet with eight people to Cabo and WHILE IN CABO recorded a video telling Austinites to "stay home if you can...this is not the time to relax." pic.twitter.com/KSvkiwxgga
No one self owns quite the way you do, Flyin’ Ted.— Jo (@JoJoFromJerz) February 18, 2021
You’re so adept at this, you’d think you’re last name was Trump. pic.twitter.com/qkIpas2njS
Bernie saw you Ted. pic.twitter.com/U8ork8Yf9A— Jerry Saltz (@jerrysaltz) February 18, 2021
When your dad blames you for his decision to abandon his state during a crisis pic.twitter.com/fxTnTNd5SP— Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) February 18, 2021
If you want to print... pic.twitter.com/GVsbxHc0qH— The Good Liars (@TheGoodLiars) February 18, 2021
Why does everyone take an instant dislike to Ted Cruz?
Ted Cruz's college roommate said it best: pic.twitter.com/0dUF1FdSKC— That's DOCTOR emigre80 to you, mate. (@emigre80) February 18, 2021