Thursday, January 13, 2005

Trying To Follow The Script

Bush's handlers must get concussions from slapping themselves in the forehead when the Idiot is turned loose on a crowd. Check out this exchange from Tuesday's invite-only "town hall" meeting:
MS. STONE: I would like to introduce my mom. This is my mother, Rhoda Stone. And she is grandmother of three, and originally from Helsinki, Finland, and has been here over 40 years.

THE PRESIDENT: Fantastic. Same age as my mother.

MS. STONE: Just turned 80.
Bush blows his line -- he was supposed to say "Same age as my mother" after Ms. Stone says "just turned 80."

Later on, Bush demonstrates that he can read minds:
MS. STONE: I wish we would have had a chance to put --

THE PRESIDENT: As additional -- as addition to the savings you set aside out of the personal savings accounts. I agree.
Quotes from the White House transcript. ... Tonight's rerun of The Daily Show should have clips of this train wreck.

No comments: