Wednesday, January 26, 2005

"A Bush Administration Make-Work Program for Third-Tier GOP Pundits"

That's Josh Marshall's description of the latest columnist to admit to being a whore for the Bush administration.

WaPo: "In 2002, syndicated columnist Maggie Gallagher repeatedly defended President Bush's push for a $300 million initiative encouraging marriage as a way of strengthening families. ... But Gallagher failed to mention that she had a $21,500 contract with the Department of Health and Human Services to help promote the president's proposal. ..."

Gallagher's defense?
I should have disclosed a government contract when I later wrote about the Bush marriage initiative. I would have, if I had remembered it. My apologies to my readers."
That's absolutely fucking priceless. ... Did she remember to cash her checks?

No comments: