Monday, September 05, 2005

High Water

High water risin', six inches 'bove my head
Coffins droppin' in the street
Like balloons made out of lead
Water pourin' into Vicksburg, don't know what I'm going to do
"Don't reach out for me," she said
"Can't you see I'm drownin' too?"
It's rough out there
High water everywhere
There are probably a zillion and ten blog posts attempting to convey the horror of what is going on in the southern US and the absolute disregard for human life exhibited by the Junta.

Since I was preoccupied by The Move From New York for the past week, I was out of the loop. Most of the sites linked at the right will have something, if you want to check them out. I'll mention two:

G, the Library Bitch, outlines Mission: Incompetence:
Mission #1: Transfer funds out of domestic protection budgets and into military operations, thus creating conditions for a near-certain catastrophic situation.

Mission #2: Once the catastrophe has occurred, engage in a staged photo-op to look good in the face of fallout from Mission #1.

Mission #3: In the ensuing fallout, pass any and all suspicion and blame for causing the catastrophe onto other, more intangible entities.

Mission #4: Shit your pants.
Rigorous Instuition has several posts worth reading:
New Orleans: Year Zero
Army Times: Troops Begin Combat
Ring Them Bells
Because They Can
Catastrophic Success

No comments: